Sunday, September 19, 2010

First Post 2010

Hello :)
     My name is Nicole and I am a Junior in college. I am, as of right now, a psychology major, but I am changing to Education with a minor in Psych. I have always been interested in teaching since I was a little kid. I also love animals. I have 2 cats, a golden retriever, and a dwarf hamster right now. My golden is a puppy and is quite the hand full! He has more energy than a toddler and constantly has us running around, but its all in good fun and overall he is an awesome pet.
my puppy champ
     There are many reasons why I want to teach, but the main reason is having the satisfaction of knowing I have been able to help children grow and learn in a way that is fun and interesting to them. Children all learn in different ways and have different needs, and it is my goal to gain the knowledge needed in life to be able to find a happy medium and hopefully change some children's views on school. I want them to know that they can be comfortable and that they have a say, but it is always important that they know you are the teacher, or you will not gain any respect.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute puppy!!!!!! my roommates have an 8 month old dog and she is adorable but she is such a handful!

    ReplyDelete